Continuous Improvement Leader - Can be based in Tokyo or Kariwa.Baker Hughes, Kariwa, Japan
Baker Hughes Kariwa is a critical hub for production of engineered to order Masoneilan flow control valves and actuators for our valued Japan and greater Asia customers. The Kariwa factory produces approximately $75M annually in revenue. 80% of the volume is for Japan customers and 20% is supplied to other global customers, primarily in Asia. Baker Hughes Kariwa is the flow control valve provider of choice for customers such as Mitsubishi, Toshiba, Kubota, TOYO and many others in diverse applications such as power, petrochemical, general process, and oil & gas.
The Kariwa factory has approximately 230 dedicated employees and includes the functions of customer service, project management, engineering, planning, purchasing, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, machining, assembly, testing, shipping and logistics.
Baker Hughes Kariwa is looking for a Continuous Improvement Leader (i.e. Lean & Kaizen Leader) that will provide leadership to our devoted employees, enabling the team to continuously improve responsiveness and value for our customers. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager, and will be a member of, and supported by, a global Continuous Improvement network.Primary job responsibilities are:
- Coach and mentor a cross-functional team on how to identify and eliminate non-value add activities in all process.
- Developing plant lean strategy, goal and plan together with function leaders for productivity (Plan)
- Providing adequate lean training and drive Kaizen Projects with functional leaders. (Do)
- Monitoring and reviewing Kaizen projects and other performance metrics together with function leaders. (Check)
- Coaching function leaders next actions for the goals. (Action)
- Facilitating Kaikaku events, with the support of local cross-functional team members, to address bottlenecks and pain points throughout the full value stream - from quotation to shipment.
- Developing a Kaizen culture through daily Gemba and teaching cross functional team how to identify waste.
- Develop a team of specialists that understand continuous improvement and waste elimination practices such as Toyota Production System, Lean, or other similar methodology.
- Provide guidance to functional managers to help them address challenges affecting employee well-being, productivity, quality, cycle time, or responsiveness to customers.
- Some international travel will be required (
Working with us
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years of leading continuous improvement through implementation of Toyota Production System, Lean, or similar methodologies
- Demonstrated improvement of business key performance indicators.
- Good business level proficiency in English and Japanese
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.