Skills: Civil Construction, Construction Superintendent
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, United Kingdom
Wood Process and Energy are seeking expressions of interest from Temporary Works Coordinator's with extensive experience working on large scale EPCm projects within in the Oil & Gas/Petrochemical Industry for a project in the North East.
- Act as ambassador of the company in all aspects of HSSE
- In conjunction with Contractors' Superintendents undertake a weekly HSSE inspection of allocated areas
- In conjunction with the Scaffold co-ordinator and Project Manager develop the temporary works and scaffolding strategy and procedure for the project
- In conjunction with the Scaffold co-ordinator and Construction Manager develop a scaffold plan for work scope
- Support the Construction Manager, Project Manager and Chief Field Engineer in the development of scopes of works for contract packages
- With the Designated Individual develop and maintain a Temporary Works Register for the project.
- Ensure that a design brief is prepared with full consultation between all relevant parties is adequate and is in accordance with the actual situation on site.
- Ensure that a design check is carried out by someone who was not involved in the original design.
- Ensure that the onsite supervision who will be overseeing the works have full knowledge of the design, particularly the limitations with the design.
- Monitor the works to ensure that TW are implemented in accordance with the TW Design, including checking that installed TW are not modified without proper authorisation
- Oversee TW interfaces, retaining an overview of the whole scheme to ensure each step of the procedure is completed and does not adversely affect the scheme
- Act as the first point of contact between the PD, TWD and the site team for all TW matters
- Review and agree method statements, risk assessments and job safety analysis. Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with agreed method statements
- Act as focal point for each Subcontractor TWS
- Define and record the responsibilities of each, (WOOD or Subcontractors), TWS, where appointed
- Be responsible for confirming the build is as per design allowing the issue and signing of the formal Permits to Load.
- Coordinate with construction and completions to confirm any permanent support structure has been installed as per design to allow the issue of a permit to unload the temporary works.
- Establish a plan to carry out checks on the TW as the structure is under construction and at points when it will be checked for compliance with the design.
- Ensure that arrangements are in place to ensure the overall co-ordination of all temporary works on the project
- Ensure that the temporary works schedule is regularly reviewed and updated as required
- Delivery of Temporary Works Briefings and assist with Training requirements
- Improvement of Internal Temporary Works Processes
- Attend meetings, workshops and training courses etc as required
- Liaison with Temporary Works Installers and Designers
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in a similar construction role
- Trade discipline background, with Degree/HND/HNC or similar with equivalent experience in a construction related position
- Excellent verbal/written communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Engineering knowledge and understanding - ability to apply technical and practical skills (read, understand and implement the requirements of drawings and specifications) Experience appropriate to the complexity of the project
- Management and leadership - ability to plan and manage, particularly people and resources
- Independent judgment - ability to identify limits of personal, and team's knowledge and skills
- Health, safety and welfare - a sound knowledge of legislation, hazards and safe systems of work, ability to manage health, safety and welfare within own area of responsibility
- Interpersonal skills and communication - ability to communicate well with others at all levels, ability to discuss ideas and plans competently and with confidence.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.