Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC, Construction Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Wood Process and Energy are seeking expressions of interest from SIP Superintendents with extensive experience working on large scale EPCm projects within in the Oil & Gas/Petrochemical Industry for a project in the North East
- Act as an Ambassador of the company in all aspects of HSES & IR
- In conjunction with Contractors' Superintendents undertake a weekly HSSE inspection of allocated areas
- Ensure that contractors understand and implement the HSES plan, including permit to work, toolbox talks, visible and relevant safety signs, safety surveillance, installation and maintenance of firefighting equipment, firewatchers, audible emergency warning signal, windsocks, muster areas, and emergency evacuation drills
- Agree method statements, risk assessments and job safety analysis. Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with agreed method statements
- Ensure all hazardous activities and those with potential risk to material or personnel, have an agreed method statement, and risk assessment prior to commencement of work
- Maintain supervisory attendance at all contractor toolbox talks and safety meetings. Encourage contractor safety incentive schemes and promote all Wood processes, Client and contractors team building efforts
- Ensure Contractor, Client and Operator personnel understand and fully operate the project permit to work system including tag/lock-out requirements, and that only contractor authorized personnel operate the permit to work system
- Proactively undertake and promote the use of behavioral and incentivized HSE work programmes, and campaigns, e.g. 'HEART'
- Perform an inspection upon receipt of equipment against the current equipment data sheets and GA drawings. Ensure that contractors carry out all preservation and maintenance checks with IMRC cards readily available and up to date
- Ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available as required for foundation acceptance, grout release, vessel closure, tower and drum acceptance, heat exchanger inspection, pump installation, cold alignment etc., all in accordance with contractors' agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications
- Coordinate with all necessary disciplines to ensure package equipment is installed and hooked up in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure efficient use of specialist vendor representatives, arranging contractor support and Client witness as required in accordance with the commissioning handover and start-up schedule
- In conjunction with each contractor, develop a schedule of tie-in, interface and terminal points
- Ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available as required for underground metallic and non-metallic checks, pre and posttest checks, hydrostatic testing, flushing and drying, safety relief valve installation etc., all in accordance with contractors' agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications. Where applicable supervise test equipment calibration
- Identify the hand over sequence on a system by system, area by area basis, all scheduled to produce logically planned work completions for commissioning and start-up requirements
- Ensure that the contractors scaffold material is of a Wood approved type and that contractor scaffolders are experienced and qualified in its use
- Ensure that all false works are Wood approved before they are erected.
- Ensure that all scaffold structures and false work are controlled by a Scaftag type system.
- Ensure that only qualified scaffold personnel modify scaffold structures, false work, and move scaffold boards
- Ensure that scaffolding contractor work performance and schedule meets the requirements of contractor requests for scaffolding installation
- Prior to start of painting and insulation activities ensure that all procedures and material data sheets for compliance with project specifications and practical site operational requirements have been reviewed
- Ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available as required for surface preparation, dry film thickness checks, adhesion test, temperature and humidity levels etc., all in accordance with contractors' agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications. Where applicable supervise paint shop activities
- Ensure all approved modifications and corrections to the Piping Line List paint and insulation codes are recorded on red-lined 'as-built' Line Lists verified as correct by field personnel
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience as a SIP Superintendent
- Relevant Qualification HNC and/or significant experience
- UK wide EPCm experience
- Knowledge of local labour market
- Demonstrable experience of managing direct labour
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.