Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood are currently bidding for a large-scale oil and gas project with ADNOC. Should we be awarded this work, we will have a requirement for a PMC Engineering Manager to join us. This position will be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE initially for a very short period of time until it relocates to Europe or South Korea.
- Manage the day to day interfacing between assigned projects of the Project Engineers and the disciplines of Process, Piping, Civil / Structural, E&I and Mechanical together with the PMC Construction Team
- Identify areas of concern with respect to progress of assigned project, recommend the corrective actions wherever required and execute when directed by the client
- Lead, conduct and participate in value engineering workshops for optimizing scope and design
- Organize and participate in Hazard and Operability (HAZOP), Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Project Health, Safety and Environment Review (PHSER) and EIA and HSE exercises for the assigned projects to implement the recommendation of such exercises upon client approval
- Manage the control of all engineering systems and hardware
- Participate in key client reviews and meetings as required
- Participate in Project Management Plan reviews
- Provide notification of any potential commercial risk or opportunity to the Project Manager for further action
- Develop a good team spirit within assigned PMC personnel and encourage team working with the Contractor and client
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or equivalentDdegree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 20 years relevant experience mainly being in the oil / gas industry
- Must have been in CONSULTANT's organisation for at least five years in similar position
- Requires demonstrated ability to manage engineering effort for major projects in major oil and gas companies in-house or as part of Consultant's team
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.