Skills: Quantity Surveying
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood are currently bidding for a large-scale oil and gas project with ADNOC. Should we be awarded this work, we will have a requirement for a PMC Site Quantity Surveyor to join us. This position will be based at site onshore in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Preparation of Preambles, Schedule of Rates and Bills of Quantities
- Preparation of modelled BoAQ's
- Take-off of quantities from drawings
- Preparation of cost and manhour analysis for benchmarking and productivity assessment
- Provision of reasoned advice on the different types of contractual arrangements in use in the industry
- Post-contract administration of contracts, subcontractors, suppliers, etc. in accordance with terms of contract and ensure Client is in compliance with contractual obligations
- Cost control and reporting in accordance with client procedures and guidelines
- Preparation and submission of interim valuations and final accounts including valuation of works completed
- Administration of Interim Payments to Contractors
- Provision reasoned advice and forecasts on costs
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma qualification required
- minimum 10 years of experience
- Significant demonstrable experience of quantity surveying and measurement
- Sound IT skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and Advanced Excel data manipulation skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.