Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood are currently bidding for a large-scale oil and gas project with ADNOC. Should we be awarded this work, we will have a requirement for a PMC Senior Project Engineer to join us. This position will be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE initially for a very short period until it relocates to Europe or South Korea.
- Develop and maintain effective working practices for the Wood project management team
- Provide, with full responsibility and accountability, leadership and excellence in the achievement of coordinating both technical and governance through the EPC Stages of the Project
- Take full technical and commercial responsibility for execution of the contract in all matters covered within the terms of the contract (from initial contract review to project close-out)
- Identify and communicate project team objectives in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and corporate policy
- Organize the project team, define individual responsibilities and motivate team members towards successful achievement of specified project goals, particularly through regular project meetings
- Delegate work to the project team members in a manner that encourages individual responsibility
- Achieve scheduled performance, cost, quality and HSE requirements from award to acceptance
- Direct contractors on a complex Onshore Brownfield and major project arising from technical changes with Contracting Parties
- Provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders during project execution to meet project objectives
- Oversee different contracting parties, owners, customers, government bodies and existing facilities in coordination
- Manage complicated issues among different project phases and the existing facilities
- Provide leadership and management for the PMT and EPC to ensure safe, cost effective and timely resolution of all interfaces
- Ensure that company policies, procedures and controls are adhered to at all times
- Be exposed to different cultures, backgrounds and environments. Attend to and resolve conflicts, challenges and problems related to a large multi-cultural and multi-discipline technical workforce
- Review / Validate detailed design and Engineering Deliverables
- Participation in design review, 3D Model Reviews, Value Engineering, Risk Management workshops, constructability Reviews, PHSERs , IPR etc.
- Carryout Technical Evaluation of Bids, Issue Bid Technical Clarifications, Technical Evaluation Reports and Recommendations
- Review and approve project '' AS BUILT'' and project Design Dossier prepared by EPC Contractor
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Engineering from an accredited university with minimum fifteen years relevant experience in the oil / gas industry
- Must have been in consultant organization for at least five years in similar position and must have previous PMC experience
- Full involvement and contribution at a discipline level in the micromanagement of multidiscipline engineering teams
- He / She shall have the proven capability to identify and bring to technical resolution engineering issues and prepare engineering status reports as directed by owner
- Must be fully knowledgeable about codes, standards & recommended practices
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.