Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood are currently bidding for a large-scale oil and gas project with ADNOC. Should we be awarded this work, we will have a requirement for a PMC Senior Piping Engineer to join us. This position will be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE initially for a very short period until it relocates to Europe or South Korea.
- Detailed knowledge and proven application in all general piping design and layout aspects, detailed understanding of material management system, stress analysis concepts and of applicable codes and standards
- Carrying out various piping activities and preparation of deliverables as necessary on their appointed project
- Ensuring engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and projects standards
- Adhering to engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes towards engineering design and raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities
- Correct interpretation and implementation of all piping system related functions in their appointed area
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 15 years piping experience
- Competence in MS office, CAD, and 3D CAD
- Experience in piping layout, materials and stress analysis
- Experience in materials selection for specifications engineers
- Ability to lead and inspire the team
- Ability to coach and mentor team members in accelerating people development, improving quality of service, and maintaining consistency of deliverables
- Good command in English communication
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.