Skills: Environmental Engineer, Regulatory Compliance, Site Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for an Environmental Coordinator to join our team in Hides, Papua New Guinea on a Fly in Fly Out rotational schedule. Standard rotation 28/28 has been amended due to the current Covid-19 restrictions and quarantine requirements, an 8 week on / 7 week off roster is temporarily in place.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective implementation of environment and cultural heritage compliance of early works and construction activities for the project.
- Leading compliant environmental and cultural heritage management of early works and construction activities for the projects
- Ensuring that the work progresses in a productive, safe and environmentally responsible manner and in accordance with the project Construction Environmental Management Plans, sub-plans, procedures and work packs, project schedules
- Supporting the project teams and displaying a positive, competent and professional leadership attitude to colleagues, contractors and client representatives
- Understand and implement the requirements of the project Construction Environmental Management Plans and sub-plans
- Ensure compliance with all environmental and cultural heritage regulatory requirements
- Conduct environmental monitoring and inspection on a periodic basis and as required to ensure ongoing compliance
- Work in alignment with the In Country HSE and Construction teams and Out of Country Environment and Regulatory team to plan and execute environmental support for project early works and construction activities
- Provide regular reports (written and verbal) to the In Country HSE and Construction teams, Out of Country Environment and Regulatory team and relevant project personnel
- Conduct environmental and cultural heritage awareness presentations and inductions
- Work closely with Wood Construction teams/personnel on site to plan and execute work in accordance with management plans, sub-plans, procedures and work packs
- Attend toolbox and JSA meeting and provide environmental and cultural heritage input
- Conduct environmental incident investigation and reporting and supervise clean-up activities as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in environmental science, environmental engineering or equivalent
- 5-10 years project and site construction experience in environmental management
- Experience working in similar projects in PNG highly desirable
- Ability to work in remote areas, often under physically demanding conditions on a 28-day (or a longer period on a temporary basis) rotational fly-in-fly-out basis
- Proven Environment and cultural heritage leadership
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Leads by example and motivates teams and work crews to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Team membership, leadership and management skills are essential including flexibility and a willingness to work in a communicative and cooperative manner
- Strong mentorship skills to develop National positions to take a leadership role in environment and cultural heritage positions
- Strong IT skills
- Demonstrated strong commitment to safety
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral.
If you're an experienced Environment Coordinator, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
With us, you'll be challenged. You'll be encouraged to excel. You'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you'll be proud to be a part of the Wood team. You will become a part of a strong, global company. Imagine working on complex global projects, being challenged to develop your skills and experience, being provided with opportunities to build a successful career. Imagine working for world-leading clients, delivering excellence and being recognised for it. That's the world of Wood, built on strong values, where you can belong and be proud of what you achieve.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.