Skills: Cost Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood has an opportunity for a Cost Engineer. With increased focus on cost throughout the industry, Wood is looking for an individual familiar with monitoring and forecasting sub-contractors' costs.
- Maintain a comprehensive material and construction quantity control and reporting system to include the current status of budget, commitment, value of work done forecast quantities and costs.
- Liaise with Project Planning Engineer on analysis of project status. Review the impact of cost and schedule changes upon each other
- Identify and analyse deviations and trends against the budgets. Investigate such deviations with the relevant group and advise Project Manager of issues requiring corrective action
- Establish and maintain all cost recording documentation, provide comprehensive cost analysis and prepare forecasts of final project costs
- Understand all relevant documentation pertaining to the project including scope of services, conditions of contract, project execution plan, project schedule, etc.
- Work within standard project cost engineering procedures. Ensure that these procedures comply with contractual reporting requirements and, if not, modify accordingly
- Disseminate budget quantity information to all operating groups, providing clarification and additional information where necessary and ascertaining commitment to budgets as the cost target
- Instill cost awareness in the project organisation such that capital costs are controlled and changes to work scope are identified and quantified
- Obtain from operating groups the latest information pertinent to cost analysis and ensure its accuracy and completeness
- Attend meetings concerning cost matters
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in an Engineering discipline or where strong cost and commercial skills are included.
- Proven Cost Engineering experience within Petrochemical or similar industries
- Proactive approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Pro-active approach to solving problems and getting the job done
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.