Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Engineer/Scientist with a minimum of 3 years or more of experience to work with our environmental investigation and restoration consulting team in San Diego, CA.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to maintain and grow our environmental consulting business and possess knowledge and technical skills in CERCLA, RCRA, and petroleum restoration and compliance programs.
- Prepare components of investigation and engineering reports including work plans and summaries, data summaries, calculations, summary tables, figures, charts, and report text
- Organize field work, assign tasks, and provide guidance to staff specialists and technicians
- Oversee soil borings and groundwater monitoring well installations; collect soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, air, and soil gas samples; collect data in complex field situations with supervision, and document field activities
- Perform other field exploration, inspection, testing, and analyses using equipment and instrumentation
- Consulting for federal, municipal, commercial and industrial environmental investigation and restoration projects
- Work with project managers and other experienced staff to support environmental investigation and restoration projects
- Travel to project locations as needed, for the execution of project goals
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Engineering, Environmental Science or related field required; advanced degree(s) in Engineering or related field is a plus
- Knowledge of CERCLA and RCRA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Consistent and highly accurate in project work
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Flexible to work outside of business hours, when necessary
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, and Outlook, in particular
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.