Midkiff, Texas, United States
Midkiff, Texas, United States
Skills: Derrickman, Well Servicing & Testing, Production Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Salary: Starting at $22/hr
Location: Midkiff, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Milestone Environmental Services, LLC accepts and safely disposes of oilfield waste, including solids, in an environmentally sustainable manner that protects the Earth and our communities. It is through safety, innovation, and efficiency that we create real value for our customers.
Strategically positioned in the Permian Basin and Eagle Ford Shale, Milestone facilities are located near our customers' operations for convenience and dependability; we are headquartered in Houston.
WORKING AT MILESTONE ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (MILESTONE)
We built this company on the promise of industry-leading service and absolute dependability. To ensure these principles live on every day, we are seeking skilled, talented people who can help us deliver on our mission, share our vision, and support our values. Milestone provides employees with competitive total rewards, including comprehensive benefits, a competitive salary, career advancement, and professional development training.
PUMP OPERATOR SUMMARY
Primary responsibilities for the injection facility pump operator include unloading trucks, operation and maintenance of pumping equipment (electric and diesel powered), monitoring and managing tank levels and flow rates, maintaining & operating valves, and plant operations through a PLC. Must have commitment to safety and ethical character and adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Will be responsible for keeping records, plant inspections, and maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Operates pumps and valves to regulate and direct flow of liquid from and into tanks, pipelines and injection well site according to schedule or verbal instructions.
- Monitors flow meters, gauges, flow ratios, pressures and related controls at specified time intervals through automated gauges and/or instrument panels. Monitors and records operating conditions, observations and data. Ensures conformance to process specifications. Diagnoses basic operational problem and takes corrective action per procedure. Verifies and reports any malfunctions and variances to supervisor/manager.
- Performs routine cleaning, lubrication, adjustment, inspection and minor repair on assigned equipment. Inspects pipelines, valves and flanges to detect malfunctions such as leaks and connections. Tightens connections with wrenches greases and oils valves, using grease gun and oilcan. Promptly reports any leaks, defective valves or operations problems to supervisor.
- Practices good housekeeping in assigned area. Performs general labor including cleaning equipment, facilities and grounds as required and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
- Assists other personnel as required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED TO CARRY OUT THE JOB:
- High School diploma, trade school or general education degree (GED) required preferred with ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational process, safety and quality instructions) a must.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of pumps as related to injection wells.
- Refinery, rig, derrick-man experience and well test experience in exploration and production industry preferred.
- Consistently demonstrates ability to independently operate assigned equipment meeting or exceeding production and safety targets. Equipment will include pumps, engines, generators, valves, filters and measuring control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Must have the ability to diagnose process and mechanical problems, troubleshoot basic equipment and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
- Working knowledge of safety training.
- Must understand and follow all safety policies and apply good safety practices while working and possess an exemplary safety record.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required Personal Protection Equipment.
- Must pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical and background check.
- Must have ability to communicate at all levels including engineers, operations staff, mechanical and electrical staff and with customers.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must have the understanding and demonstrate expectations set forth in support of company policies and procedures and follow SOP's set forth.
- Be an example of integrity and honesty to the less experienced staff.
Starting at $22.00/hr working 14/7 schedule with 12 hour rotating shifts.