Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood is seeking recent graduates (2020 / 2021) with a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering to join our Forest Industries business group located at our Vancouver, BC office.
At Wood, our people are what sets us apart, a global community of inquisitive minds. Each one committed to making a difference, to lifting each other up, to showing courage in the face of challenge. As part of Team Wood, you'll be inspired to power progress for our people, our business, and our planet.
Ready to take on challenging and diverse projects? Join us on our quest to unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges ...
- Providing engineering design for Forest Industries projects domestically and internationally
- Supporting the development of proposals, study reports, engineering specifications, and contract documents
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
Skills / Qualifications
If you ...
- Are a Graduate or Undergraduate in Mechanical Engineering (grad in 2020 / 2021), with the ability to register with EGBC as an EIT
- Can develop creative yet practical solutions and is open-minded to alternative solutions
- Have a willingness to travel to remote field locations on a short-term basis
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Are excellent with English verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Maintain a positive attitude and ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere is imperative
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Are committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
... we are interested in meeting you!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.