Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Geologist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood Resilient Environments has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Senior, Associate Hydrogeologist .
As part of the Ontario Hydrogeology Group, the successful candidate will be working with a team of professionals in regional offices in Ontario and Quebec with various technical specialties. You will be joining a growing international company, helping to shape our services in local markets, and executing challenging projects for our diverse clientele. A regional team with global resources and a passion for our work, we employ some of the world's best people and task our managers with inspiring and developing the next generation of employees. Driven by delivering value to our customers, we strive to provide safe and sustainable project solutions, developing the full potential of our people and contributing to the communities we work in. We're seeking an Associate Hydrogeologist who wants to join a team committed to be a trusted partner for our clients by consistently delivering excellence.
This position will be based out of our any of our offices in Ontario or Quebec with the flexibility to work remotely.
Reporting to the Hydrogeology Group Lead for Ontario and working collaboratively within Eastern Canada, your responsibilities may include but won't necessarily be limited to:
- Managing and undertaking projects and technical studies in the field of hydrogeology in support of mining, infrastructure, water resources and others as appropriate
- Working with a team of dynamic professional, including junior, intermediate and senior scientists/engineers to grow Wood's hydrogeology, mining environmental engineering/reclamation, infrastructure and contaminated sites practices
- Collaborating with other Wood offices/environmental staff on projects in Western Canada or international locations.
- Liaising with clients, stakeholders and agencies as required by each assignment.
- Participating in global corporate technical practice groups with the goal of elevating our technical excellence and visibility in the eyes of our clients.
- Liaising with universities, research groups and corporate technical experts in the application of innovative approaches to solving our client's problems.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key clients.
- Providing technical leadership to a diverse team ranging from junior to senior level staff including monitoring, mentoring and leading the growth of team members.
- Assisting in the identification and recruitment of high quality staff in order to grow and expand the technical capabilities of the group.
- Providing direction under applicable Provincial and Federal regulations.
- Overseeing quality control including review and approval of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets.
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate degree from an accredited institution plus appropriate continuing education in engineering or hydrogeological sciences.
- Current registration as a P.Eng. or P.Geo within Ontario.
- 20 years + consulting experience conducting hydrogeological investigations of nuclear or mine sites, and for municipal groundwater supplies.
- A track record of publications and conference presentations would be an asset.
- Advanced groundwater flow and transport modelling experience would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Provincial and Federal legislation, regulations and processes related to groundwater.
- Desire to provide exceptional client service and a commitment to technical excellence.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and hands-on training of intermediate and junior personnel, experience and formal training in environmental due diligence, contaminated site investigation, remediation, waste management, risk assessment or related technical areas.
- An effective communicator that thrives within a team environment.
- Strong writing skills are a must to prepare reports, proposal and other project deliverables.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.