Skills: Fabrication, Fitter / Turner, Workshop
Other Skills: Welding
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Plaquemine, Louisiana, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Boilermaker in Plaquemine, LA . Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. Local candidates only.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Follow the rules of safe conduct always.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of hand tools and power tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) man lifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices.
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals.
- Demonstrate ability to locate and mark reference points for columns or plates on foundations.
- Demonstrate ability to align structure or plates that are to be assembled on boiler frames, tanks, or structures.
- Demonstrate ability to hammer, flame-cut, file or grind irregular edges of structural parts.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with other employees in positioning drums and headers into supports and both the supports to frame.
- Demonstrate ability to align, connect and expand water tubes to drums and headers. Demonstrate ability to "bell" and "bead" or weld tube ends.
- Demonstrate ability to bolt or weld casing sections, uptakes, stacks, baffles, tower manways, trays, chutes, and air heaters, fan stands, feeding tube, catwalks, ladders, hopper and safety hatches to frames.
- Demonstrate ability to install manholes, handholes, valves, gauges, and feedwater connections in drums and vessels.
- Demonstrate ability to repair boilers, tanks, and vessels in the field by unbolting or flame cutting defective sections.
- Examine boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, and vats to locate defects such as leaks, weak spots, and defective sections so that they can be repaired. Inspect assembled vessels and individual components, such as tubes, fittings, valves, controls, and auxiliary mechanisms, to locate any defects.
- Repair or replace defective pressure vessel parts, such as safety valves and regulators, using torches, jacks, caulking hammers, power saws, threading dies, welding equipment, and metalworking machinery.
Skills / Qualifications
- Should have at least 2 - 3 years as an apprentice/helper in one of the mechanical areas such as Boilermaker, Pipefitter-Bolt Up, Pipefitter Fabricator or Welding.
- Should have at least 1 - 2 years as a journeyman, Boilermaker or Pipefitter-Bolt Up.
- Experience in one of the mechanical areas such as Boilermaker, Pipefitter-Bolt Up, Pipefitter Fabricator or Welding field a plus.
- Must possess an NCCER certification card or successfully pass an in-house craft assessment.
- Must be able to work in team environment
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience working in an industrial environment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.