Project Engineer Work Scope:
Support cross-functional project teams to efficiently implement capital improvements to meet specific business objectives. Contribute to project development, front-end engineering, detailed design and construction, continuing through commissioning and post startup project analysis. Responsibilities will include developing comprehensive project execution plans with focus on scope, cost, schedule, risk management, engineering, procurement, and construction. Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally with groups to ensure all aspects of the project are properly considered, including safety, environmental, construction, operations, and reliability
- Coordinate internally with other execution disciplines and external suppliers both within Company prescribed policies/procedure and/or direction from the project manager
- Review and interpretation of project specifications, preparation of project drawings and scope of work documents and completion of construction inspection.
- Communicate effectively and recognize opportunities for value creation and improvements
- Manage multiple projects in various phases in a timely and safe manner, anticipate and challenge situations, solve problems, remove roadblocks, and make sound recommendations
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Civil, Process or Chemical preferred)
- 5-7 years of project engineering experience in a refining, petroleum, ammonia, chemicals or closely related industry
- Experience supporting multiple small-to-medium capital projects
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.