Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Mechanical Engineer - in - Training (EIT) to join our Conventional Energy Team for a temporary position (3 months) starting May 2021.
Responsibilities include :
- Provide support to the engineers in technical tasks.
- Help with the development of mechanical equipment specifications, datasheets, Mechanical Equipment Lists, etc.
- Work to learn and develop engineering specifications by understanding industrial practices, engineering standards and international codes.
- The tasks also include a full material engineering work from specification, datasheet, requisition, bid evaluations thru procurement.
- Support the assembling of technical requisitions,
- Input to the Technical Bid evaluation from the vendor proposals
- Provide support for marking up and checking of vendor drawings
- Help with the input to Piping Stress Analysis software
- Help with the development of Specialty Piping List
- Assemble Equipment data book form the Vendors
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering with eligibility to be registered with APEGA as an EIT
- Strong academic background and interest in pursuing careers in engineering
- Aptitude to work on engineering calculations with ability to work from first principles of engineering
- Aptitude for learning engineering software's based on finite element principals.
- Work in an engineering environment in Piping and Mechanical tasks of Oil and Gas upstream, midstream and downstream plants
- Previous experience in an industrial environment in Canada or the United States (summer positions)
- Must be legally able to work in Canada at the time of application
***Please include a copy of your transcripts when applying to the position
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.