Skills: Document Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Wood is recruiting for an experienced Document Controller to work from a site in the North East. This is a fixed term role.
The core duties will include:
- Understand the purpose of document management and the benefits to the business
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of document control / technical administration within the technical environment
- Understand where document management aligns with the engineering work process
- Design Data Management - can demonstrate practical management of design deliverables in accordance with corporate procedures
- Supplier Data - can demonstrate practical management of supplier data in accordance with corporate procedures
- Operations Data Management - can demonstrate practical management of Operations / Duty Holder data in accordance with corporate procedures
- Technical Documents - can demonstrate knowledge of different types of documents and drawings and is able to visually identify key documents
- Review/Comment - can demonstrate knowledge of the comment and approval process for documents.
- Document Numbering - can demonstrate understanding of corporate numbering system, how document numbers are applied and how client requirements are implemented
- Information Lifecycle - can demonstrate knowledge of typical information compilation / lifecycle
- Master Document Register - can demonstrate knowledge of MDR lifecycle
- Distribution Matrix - can demonstrate knowledge of distribution matrix lifecycle
- CMS Content Management System - can demonstrate correct use and maintenance of meta data attributes within the CMS
- CMS Security - can demonstrate correct application of access rights to CMS for users
- CMS Search - can demonstrate the use of search function within the system to locate information and to set up recurring searches
- Client Information - can demonstrate management of client information in accordance with project / corporate procedures
- User Training - knowledge and ability to carry out user training in the CMS
- Transmittals / Workflow - can demonstrate understanding of transmittal / workflow lifecycle
- Carry out Data Import/Export - can demonstrate how information is imported / exported from CMS and apply the correct protocols with regards to appropriate meta data
- Transition - can demonstrate knowledge of key requirements for successful transition of information from / to WGPSN
- Data Handover/Closeout - can demonstrate an understanding of the requirements to enable successful data handover to Client and project closeout
- Audits - Ability to carry out discipline audits
- Reprographics - can demonstrate examples of work which includes hard copy compilation, electronic bookmarks and OCR scanning
- Record Retention - Can demonstrate the archiving lifecycle and detail the critical success factors involved in accurate record retention.
- Tenders - Ability to develop response to tender documentation
Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience in Document Control within an Oil & Gas
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and experience of database systems
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.