Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Wood are currently looking for expressions of interest from Lead HSSE Advisors in the North East of England. We are keen to hear from professionals experienced in working on construction projects.
Provides challenge, support, assurance and expert advice on all matters relating to the Health, Safety, Security, & Environment (HSSE) in order for the project to achieve objectives and performance targets
Provide positive leadership for the project on HSSE issues and promote the adoption of HSSE best practice.
Promote an enthusiastic HSSE culture that delivers positive commitment to, and engages all employees in, continuous performance improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Beyond Zero ethos of Wood.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the HSSE management system and progress against the Wood HSSE Performance Standards.
- Make recommendations for improvement where appropriate provide assistance and advice to the Project Manager Manager with responsibility for HSSE.
- Contribute towards developing annual HSSE objectives for the project. Monitor and report on the implementation and effectiveness
- Assist with the identification of HSSE training needs and monitor delivery and recording
- Monitor and report on the implementation of the approved HSSE objectives
- Produce HSSE performance reports as required
- Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents. Where appropriate be involved in the investigation and ensure that the findings are reported and appropriately shared
- Review accident and incident reports. Identify any trends and ensure that there is appropriate response to prevent future occurrence
- Planning, coordination and delivery of internal audits for [the project. Close out of assurance actions in a timely manner ensuring that findings are reported and shared appropriately and opportunities for improvement sought.
- Part of Emergency Response organization.
- Maintain compliance with HSSE legislative requirements, provide updates to the project as required.
- Writing of technical documents such as procedures, management documents, investigation reports and audits.
- Contribute towards development of bids.
- Cross site visits to provide support, coaching, collaboration and best
- Participate in HSSE Function Away Days
- Provide support to Function and/or other projects as necessary
- Provide cover for other HSSE personnel
Skills / Qualifications
- Suitable and relevant experience in a Lead HSSE Advisory role within the oil and gas and petrochemical industry
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Demonstrable experience working with CDM Regulations, relevant to top tier COMAH site
- Auditor training
- Incident Investigation training
- IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities (or similar
- Presentation skills
- HSSE coaching and training delivery
- Procedure writing
- Technical writing
- Experience working on a Top Tier COMAH site is essential
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.