This position has the following responsibilities.
- To procure all Indirect materials and or services for the Organization. And Direct materials and or services where applicable in support projects.
- To support the Contracting & Procurement Services Manager in effective management of Procurement policies and procedures
as to ensure achievement of company overall objectives
- Lead the sourcing of Indirect materials/services in support of Group Operations covering Operations, Assets & Maintenance services, Corporate support services, and other subsidiaries activities.
- Carry out Direct materials procurement activities as may be assigned by the Line Manager in support of projects (existing and new).
- To utilize potentials of a price database and benchmark quotations to identify opportunities for cost savings, cost avoidance, simplification of sourcing process and standardization of goods and services in tandem with the procurement strategy.
- Develop Procurement strategies and ensure timely and full implementation
- Highlight major commercial risks/ issues to Line Manager and work with the Manager to proffer and implement mitigating solutions
- Review specification with End user and carry out procurement duties in line with Group Procurement process, policy & procedure, and global best practices.
- In consortium with the Line Manager, utilize established Approved Vendor List (AVL) to gain leverage and best deals for the company.
- Min 5 years experience
- B.Sc./HND (Engineering, Management or Social Sciences
- CIPS Membership