Skills: Pipeline Engineering, Subsea Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Graduate Mechanical / Structural Engineer to join the Subsea and Export Systems business based in our Perth CBD office. This role is part of the Graduate Program commencing in February 2022.
We are looking for dynamic, digital / tech savvy versatile individuals who want a role within a fast pace environment working across a range of projects for our global clients. Our graduate engineers assist senior engineers and project leads in delivering work scopes on allocated projects.
Internal training and mentoring, along with external training modules will support your professional development, allowing you the opportunity to apply advanced subsea and pipeline engineering and management within a technical framework.
In Wood's two-year program, you will:
- Gain hands on experience in your discipline and make an impact from day one
- Develop expertise in your field of study, within a fast-paced and complex project environment
- Work within a cohesive team of world-class industry expertise
Skills / Qualifications
What we look for as a member of Wood's Graduate Program:
- Flexible, adaptable and open minded
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude
- Problem solver that is curious in their approach with the capacity to grow and develop
- Empathetic toward the needs of others
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and humility
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions and challenge the norm
What you can do well:
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum
- Strong IT and data interrogation skills
- Capacity to learn and pro-actively seek and provide feedback
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different
- Good understanding of architecture.
Candidates must have Australian citizenship or hold a Permanent Residency (PR) Visa to be considered for this role. To ensure that your application is eligible for review, please ensure that you provide a copy of your academic transcript.
(Pro tip: merge your resume, cover letter and transcripts into one document and then upload to ensure your application is eligible).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.