Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wood are currently bidding for a large-scale oil and gas project. Should we be awarded this work, we will have a requirement for a PMC Electrical Technical Authority to join us. This position will be based in Dubai, however, will include some trips to Iraq and Italy.
- Reporting to Engineering Manager, the candidate will assume sole responsibility for the project electrical systems on a all assets.
- To manage the Electrical engineering and design team
- To have single-point responsibility for all electrical engineering deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client's policies and procedures
- To provide direction and guidance on technical queries relating to electrical engineering
- To participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, Factory Acceptance Testing etc
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to electrical systems
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required
- To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the Engineering/Project Manager
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years experience in the oil and gas industries
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of electrical system design and analysis
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for electrical system design and selection including Smartplant
- Experience of participation in HAZID, HAZOP and IPF/SIL Classification studies.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.