Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wood are currently bidding for a large-scale oil and gas project. Should we be awarded this work, we will have a requirement for a PMC HVAC Technical Authority to join us. This position will be based in Dubai, however, will include some trips to Iraq and Italy.
- This position is responsible for technical delivery of the HVAC and Mechanical engineering and design. Manages development of engineering deliverables within company and industry standards and codes, from specifications and detailed drawings Basic Functions:
- Responsible for design, specification, drawings, selection and services relating to HVAC and mechanical equipment. Develop, update and issue engineering deliverables such as HVAC calculations, D&IDs, HVAC equipment specifications, Data Sheets, SDRLs, MRs, etc.
- Responsible for design, specification, selection and services relating to static, HVAC, rotation and packaged mechanical equipment. Performs all conventional aspects of the functional area subject matter. Devises new approaches to problems encountered. Plans, schedules, CTR's, and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Liaises with other design disciplines and equipment manufacturers on all mechanical related issued and acts as decisions maker on general aspects of packaged equipment design.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in similar role in Oil & Gas Industry
- Technically competent in the field of Mechanical and HVAC Engineering;
- Computer literate;
- Knowledge of local and international standards applicable to their position;
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.