Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are currently bidding for a large-scale oil and gas project. Should we be awarded this work, we will have a requirement for a PMC Pipeline Technical Authority to join us. This position will be based in Dubai, however, will include some trips to Iraq and Italy.
- Support the preparation and implementation of effective project execution plans & procedures
- Monitor engineering design compliance to the Design Basis
- Manage a defined project scope to schedule and budget
- Coordinate cross discipline input into procurement and contract technical packages assigned to their area
- Monitor design evolution from basic engineering to detail engineering for documents and drawings and mitigate interdisciplinary conflicts
- Review pipeline design basis and ensure its full compliance with project specification and Scope of Work
- Review the stress analysis of Pipeline systems through the use of Caesar II / Auto PIPE or equivalent software and review of stress analysis reports, incorporating project specifications and international codes
- Resolve design irregularities.
- Monitor the transfer of Pipeline loads to Civil Discipline, coordinate on technical issues as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical engineering
- Minimum 15 years experience in oil and gas projects.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.