Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wood are currently bidding for a large-scale oil and gas project. Should we be awarded this work, we will have a requirement for a PMC Architect Technical Authority to join us. This position will be based in Dubai, however, will include some trips to Iraq and Italy.
- Review building plans and site design for aesthetics, environmental acceptability, compliance with codes and standards and accessibility requirements and develop new design as per the codes and standards and prepares plans and specifications where needed
- Present project design to Client for review and make recommendations to meet their needs
- Develop cost estimates, and coordinate implementation of capital improvement projects and develop construction bid proposals
- Support the Client in commenting the Contractor's IFC architectural drawings
- Participate in final inspection of improvement projects and make recommendation regarding acceptance of construction work and support the Client in all technical issues related to the discipline where necessary
- Act as a Lead Worker over the activities of subordinate professional staff
- Prepare reports and correspondence
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude towards safety, both in design and in the office environment
- Contribute to the group as a discipline technical Specialist as required
- Provide technical and architectural design support to Projects as Lead Architect where required
- Execute assigned work in accordance with Project Execution Plans, applicable Project Procedures and Standards within man-hour and cost budgets and Project schedule targets
- Provide design and technical interface to project work with clients, other Departments, suppliers / vendors and consultants
- Advise Chief Architect on technical capability of staff as required to support manpower allocation to projects
- Review, support and agree project technical and design issues with the Lead Discipline Engineer, including dissemination and implementation of discipline 'best practice' on projects
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Extensive knowledge of all international codes and standards, mainly the International Building Code
- Extensive knowledge in industrial buildings
- Extensive knowledge in Autocad and Microstation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.