Skills: HR - General, Secretarial or Administrative
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.HoustonTexas
The Technical department is responsible for the control, maintenance and distribution of the Bureau Veritas Certification Management System (BMS). The department is also responsible for the co-ordination of ISO accreditation activity within Bureau Veritas Certification.
The Technical Assistant shall provide administrative technical support to the Bureau Veritas Certification organization, perform Certification Decision Reviews and ensure that the accreditation / rules & BMS requirements are met. The Technical Coordinator shall assist department directors in the maintenance of Bureau Veritas Certification Technical activities and new product development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate auditor onboarding; develop and update auditor contracts, communicate and follow up with auditors on all document and record requirements and ensure these are uploaded into appropriate locations, liaise with HR/Legal as needed.
- Liaise with Product Managers and update auditor credentials as required in the Seibel system, ensure qualification competency documentation are available and saved in appropriate folders.
- Assist Product Managers with communications to field auditors.
- Manage witness audit program documents, as requested by Local Technical Manager (LTM).
- Manage and make approvals within the travel system for full time and subcontract auditors. Assist with travel arrangements as requested by management.
- Complete pre reviews for activities initiated to technical for certificate decisions; name changes, certificates issued in error as applicable and designated by the LTM.
- Review final certificate decisions on review checklists, to ensure information is completed. Enter the certificate detail information accurately into the Seibel system and create draft certificates. Review drafts certificates for errors as first line review. Ensure certificates meet accreditation and BVC requirements
- Close main activity lines with proper closure date in the Seibel system, and enter defect details into the system for tracking and trending purposes. Manage reporting of defects by category as required.
- Coordinate meetings as requested; including remote meeting-testing ICT and connections for attendee's prior to meeting dates. Deliver via email information required prior to meetings. Communicate with outside clients via email/phone to arrange special meetings as requested.
- Complete external requests for Certificate authentications, and validate information in the system.
- Attend and complete with passing exam (Lead Auditor Course); Attend audit(s) as observer to gain knowledge of the audit process to reach expectation of qualification of technical reviewer and/or certificate decision maker
- Become familiar with ISO 17021/9001-14001-45001 standards to understand terminology
- Work with the LTM and technical team to become familiar with technical review process to reach expectation of completing full technical file reviews in accordance with accreditation rules and standard requirements
- Undertake any other tasks as directed by Certification Manager/Director of Operations/LTM
- High School diploma or equivalent (degree preferred)
- Industry knowledge or relevant work experience
- Communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Good command of English (spoken and written)
- Collaborative as well as independent
- Strong sense of dedication and accountability
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines is extremely essential
- Ability to prioritize with flexibility
- Strong self-guidance and initiative
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.