Skills: Noise & Vibration Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Graduate Engineer to join our Noise team based in Perth. This role is part of our our Graduate Program commencing in February 2022. This role will appeal to those who have completed either a Mechanical Engineering or Physics qualification and have an interest in vibration.
Wood has unique and world class engineering capability in the fields of Vibration, Dynamics and Noise (VDN). Together, the Noise team supports resource and energy companies manage the impacts of noise and vibration generated by their operations on workers, neighbours and animals.
Through working with us you will learn how to:
- Scope, plan and deliver site testing, modelling and assessment work
- Use structured thought to share, develop and communicate professional advice
- Win consulting work through insight-based selling and strong interpersonal skills
You will also learn through exposure to:
- How oil & gas, mining and utilities equipment works and is operated
- Applications of digital analytics to industrial problems
- Working on site and in office environments
The role includes enrolment in the two-year Wood Graduate Development Program and will be of interest if you seek to :
- Apply your engineering skills to solve practical problems
- Travel to client facilities in sometimes remote locations to perform complex and challenging test work
- Work on oil & gas, mining and utilities assignments, gaining exposure a diverse variety of client organisations and cultures
These and many other advantages are associated with Wood's vibration, dynamics and noise (VDN) capability. We demonstrate technical excellence in resolving the causes and effects of vibration in static equipment, structures and rotating machinery providing engineering solutions and services improving the integrity and performance of our clients' facilities.
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. As a successful member of the 2022 Graduate Program, you will have completed your degree by the end of 2021 or earlier.
Skills / Qualifications
What we look for as a member of Wood's Graduate Program:
- Degree in Physics or Mechanical Engineering - Masters graduates are encouraged to apply
- Flexible, adaptable, open minded and technically curious
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude
- Problem solver with the capacity to grow and develop
- Empathetic toward the needs of others
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and humility
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions and challenge the norm
What you can do well:
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum
- Strong IT skills and ideally have a keen interest in programming and data analysis
- Capacity to learn and pro-actively seek and provide feedback
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different
Applicants must be either an Australian citizen or hold Permanent Residency (PR) to be considered for this role. You must upload your resume and academic transcripts to ensure your application is eligible.
( Pro tip: merge your resume, cover letter and transcripts into one document and then upload).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.