Skills: Commercial Management, Operations Management, Project Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: New Zealand
We've been proudly operating in New Zealand for more than 70 years and our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the aviation division of bp, we're one of the world's largest suppliers of aviation fuel products and services. We have a network of operations at 900 locations in more then 50 countries and sell over six and a half billion gallons of jet kerosene and aviation gasoline each year.
This new opportunity is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to establish and maintain safe, reliable, compliant and cost-efficient operations across the South Island. In this role, you will provide technical support to the General Aviation Account Manager, NZ Defence Force, our customers and project engineering team.
- Manage and optimise the operational performance of the Airfield Representatives including recruitment, counselling, training, contract agreements and performance management
- Responsible for the HSE performance of all operations and assets within the network
- Implementation of technical/equipment standards and maintenance requirements
- Ensure compliance to operating standards at manned Air bp branded aviation sites and our brand is upheld at non-branded sites
- Provide technical support and advice to General Aviation Account Managers, NZ Defence Force, TSA Customers and Project Engineering teams
- Preparation of annual operating budgets and monitoring performance against the plan
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience in a technical field-based role and be confident in managing remote operations, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and the capability to remain level-headed in situations.
Other essential skills and attributes include:
- Tertiary qualification in a technical field is highly desired
- Demonstrated experience in an engineering, logistical or operational field-based role
- Experience in managing contractors, contractor performance and implementing business improvement plans
- Project Management experience is highly desirable
- Ability to navigate competing priorities and work to tight timeframes
- Strong financial acumen and communication skills
- Confident in developing and maintaining critical relationships
About the benefits:
BP offers a vibrant, collaborative work culture and a company that lives and breathes its values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team. We have a commitment to developing your career and reward and our people with a competitive package including 8% Kiwi Saver contribution, Annual Cash Bonus, company share scheme and staff fuel card - there are so many great reasons to join BP!
BP is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in our workforce. We encourage women and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Flexible working is encouraged, so let us know how we can support you to maximise your work and home life. If this opportunity sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.Responsible for supporting the delivery of safe, optimal and environmentally sound operations, using sound technical and analytical capabilities to improve operational performance and support standardisation and consistency of operations.