Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Rotating Equipment
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is looking for Senior / Principal Engineer - Rotating Equipment to be a part of the Engineering team based in Chennai.
- Ensure that the content and objective of the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality Policy and the Information Security policies are implemented and understood by all supervised staff.
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude towards safety, both in design and in the office environment.
- Undertake Lead Engineer role of major FEED/EPC projects.
- Provide technical support to the Chief Engineer and Chief Specialist, Rotating and Package Equipment.
- Conduct technical audits on project at the direction of the Chief Engineer, Rotating and Package Equipment.
- Support development of operational alerts and lessons learnt.
- Conduct Performance Reviews and follow-up with technical discipline staff.
- Keep up to date with latest industry practices, standards and product development and disseminate to group.
- Lead Projects and assigned group of Engineers
- Conduct technical audits on Projects.
- Advise Chief Engineer Rotating and Package Equipment on technical capability of staff as required.
- Conduct Performance Reviews of Engineers
- Provide Technical input into engineering projects resulting in production of quality deliverable products.
- Understand the requirements and drivers of the project through client supplied documentation and Amec Foster Wheeler management instruction.
- Provide technical support to the design team developing the engineering solution.
- Develop engineering solutions to problems that reflect constructability and operability issues.
- When working to a lead engineer raise issues which will translate into operational alerts and lessons learnt.
- Prepare and check engineering document on the project.
- Prepare the project specifications, requisitions and reports.
- Coordinates with other discipline as and when required.
- Coordinates with other Amec Foster Wheeler affiliated offices with respect to workshare.
- Keeps abreast of the project strategy and key drivers. Maintain project familiarisation with the project DDI(Discipline Design Instruction).
- Participates on Model Reviews as and when required.
- Report changes to the Lead Engineer.
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate in Engineering (Essential)
- Post Graduate in Engineering (Desirable)
- Membership in Professional Organizations (Desirable)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Equipment Engineering environment with lead role in project execution (Essential)
- Ability to lead medium teams in a multi-discipline task force based engineering environment
- Proven expertise in FEED and EPC Engineering execution including Field Engineering in Project execution (Desirable).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.