Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 18,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities Job Purpose
Under direct supervision, builds test systems, performs regression and functional testing on existing software products and new software products for third party customers. Develops tests and automated test scripts according to specifications from technical leads. Reports, tracks and verifies fixes for detected (manual and automated) problems with software. Works with technical staff to isolate and reproduce problems with software. May assist in review of user manuals. Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by the supervisor or manager within the physical constraints of the job. Duties & Responsibilities
Qualifications Experience & Education Required:
- Automation and Manual test execution.
- Ability to run and diagnose failures in tests written in C#, C++, VBScript and other programming languages.
- Works with device level polling software in SCADA system.
- Develops routine tests for new software or enhancements.
- Executes regression tests, functional tests and data tests.
- Reports, tracks and verifies detected problems with software.
- Automation testing (development of testing code from scratch) using Visual Studio's Coded UI module, C#.
- Maintain the test repository in SQUASH open source tool or Jira stories for manual test cases.
- Must have knowledge of manual test strategies and Automation Frameworks and Implementation of Frameworks
- Maintain existing test scripts and test cases and develop new ones based on new requirements.
- Perform regression and defect testing activity in manual and automation mode.
- Defect logging.
- Quality Assurance regression testing, ticket testing of bug fixes with collateral damage validation, interface and integration testing, environmental testing on multiple platforms.
- Status reporting to test lead.
- Develops test scripts and plans according to specifications from higher level staff.
- Reports, tracks and verifies fixes for detected problems with software.
- Will work with technical staff to isolate and reproduce problems with software.
- May assist in review of user manuals.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
- Works with technical staff to isolate and reproduce issues, as well as verifies resolution.
- B.Tech / BE in Computer Science/ Electronics / Electrical / Instrumentation
- Total 5 years of experience
- At least 3 to 5 year of software testing experience in manual and automation testing.
- Previous experience working SCADA software