Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tengiz, Kazakhstan
Wood is currently recruiting for a Systems Completions (Commissioning) Execution or Field Team Leads with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. 5-10 years' experience in Honeywell Control and Safety Systems completions at sites, including Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), loop checking, fault finding and clearing (hardware and software) and final documentation for hand over. Experienced in managing site commissioning teams. Experienced in Honeywell Experion C300 and Safety Managers will be a major advantage. Degree qualified. Able to work under pressure and independently.
- Reports to the MAC Site Commissioning (Systems Completions) manager or to a Senior Project site representative.
- Reports administratively to the Department or Site Engineering Manager Direction with regard to priorities will be given by Client Automation Systems Completions (commissioning) on a day to day basis during Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning
- Commissioning and Test Team Leadership
- Plan and execute Pre-SAT readiness review, activities ("B" Checksheets) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) for Process Automation System (PAS)
- Ensuring that the site activities undertake by the automation team support the overall objectives of safe plant start up to the agreed quality and schedule
- Responsible for meeting progress targets and schedule compliance in assigned area
- Filling in for other area Test / Execution Lead Engineers during periods of absence or handover/ crew change
- Ensuring standards are maintained and the integrity of the documentation, data and software are maintained
- Responsible ultimately for technical validation and completeness of any document redlines (basis for as-building) for the assigned area.
Main Purpose of the job:
- The management and inter-discipline co-ordination of the automation test / commissioning support team within an assigned area
- Liaising with TCO Automation Systems Completions Representatives to address work fronts coming available after mechanical completion (MC) / Post SAT
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Leadership, Supervision and Prioritization of tasks of assigned personnel
- Progress reporting and expediting, attend site meetings and accurately represent area activities
- Act as a technical focal point of escalated issues (tech queries, punchlist items), seek expert guidance if required and close out actions in a timely manner
- Ensuring assigned personnel are executing work in accordance with project standards
- Co-ordination of activities with other stakeholders
- Ensures adherence to Clients Cyber Security Directive (CIRS).
- Liaise with other area Lead test Engineers to share resources to ensure overall team efficiency
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of 15 years industrial experience with a minimum of Three to Five (3 - 5) years at a lead supervisory level.
- Working experience of associated documentation such as Cause/effects, P&IDs, Control narratives, Data sheets and site procedures.
- Ideally hands on experience and product training on Honeywell Experion and Safety manager Control systems.
- Has experience of Factory Acceptance, Site Acceptance and Pre-commissioning and commissioning support.
- Knowledge of Instrumentation, particularly HART Devices interfacing into FDM, FDM Server and DD files.
- Understanding of the data transfer of third party package equipment over ELAN (equipment / third party LAN).
- Experience in Microsoft product suite.
- Ability to follow and suggest complex testing strategies to ensure that system applications function as designed.
- Understanding of Experion Network Architecture.
- Understanding of cyber security measures to ensure the integrity of the control system.
- Comfortable communicating with client senior management and prepared stand their ground if necessary. Has experience in the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore or infrastructure industries.
- Minimum Degree or equivalent experience. (Or further qualification if stipulated by VISA/Work Permit requirements.)
- Willingness to undertake travel and site rotations over an extended period.
- Ability to work in extreme environments. Temperatures ranging between -45degC and +45degC. (-49degF and 113degF)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work under pressure in a tense construction / commissioning environment
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.