Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Discover how our diverse, talented people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better - and how you can play your part in our world-class team.
Join our team and advance your career as a/an
If you join our team, you may have the following responsibilities:
- Collaborates with stakeholders, suppliers and category leads to maximise value delivery and risk mitigation
- Ensure a consistent experience by utilizing strong market intelligence and running world class bids that deliver significant value for the business
- Support our key stakeholders in the most effective way to drive greater value for BP
- Drive an agile and innovative approach to supply market engagement
- Enable speed to market for new ventures, mergers & acquisitions
- Manage the sourcing process using advanced techniques and strategies
- Aligning the outcome of Sourcing events to the appropriate Category buying channel strategy to enable the business to buy quickly, easily & where it makes sense, independently
- Develop and/or articulate business requirements in line with stakeholder needs
- Plan, prepare and manage complex negotiations
- Ensuring compliance to GBS Procurement controls and contract template structures
- Ensuring alignment between the Strategic Sourcing Digital Team and Supply Strategy Digital Team
- Ensuring a consistent and efficient process is maintained through the effective use of tools and systems
- Candidate should have broad spectrum experience in Facility Management, Real Estate , Design and Construction , workplace or other Indirects procurement Categories like Professional services
- Prior brief experience of IT Software , Licenses and maintenance procurement is an added advantage.
In this role, we have the following requirements:
Essential Education & Experience
- An undergraduate degree (ideally in procurement or business) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in procurement and strategic sourcing positions required
- Experience of working cross culturally and in an international environment
- Ability to communicate and influence across different levels in the organisation
- Engaging and collaborative way of working
- Resilient and experienced in working in multi-faceted environment
- Product & Market Intelligence- Gathers and analyses information and summarises supply market information based on BPs needs and demands. Leverages the overall portfolio of the suppliers' products / services. supply market analysis, including market share.
- Sourcing Strategy- Reviews insights and suggests improvements to enhance benefit delivery and improve implementation success for sourcing strategies.
- Negotiation Plan & Preparation- Identify issues and commercial opportunities and use these to provide information and advice for the negotiating team. Identifies risks and opportunities in the negotiation.
- Project Management- Manages stakeholder expectations. Lead project execution to maximise value to BP while mitigating project risk.
- Relationship Management- Takes full ownership of engagement issues with stakeholders, monitors relationships and acts on relevant feedback. Maintains, develops and leverages long-term strategic relationships with key senior-level representatives of relevant internal and external organisations and professional groups.
- Working towards or Membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS)
- Familiarity with Ariba Source to Pay and Salesforce
Responsible for acting as a dedicated category resource, providing analyst support for category strategy development (category aligned) using sound category management knowledge, and conducting day-to-day procurement execution activities in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.