Our Client is actively seeking a Network Architect. As a member of the IT Shared Services team, you will be responsible for architecture, design and support of Client's Wide Area Network which provides all connectivity from end users to all applications (On-Premise Data Centers, AWS, Azure, SAS peering, Internet, etc.). We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter and a change agent with experience and desire to drive organizations to be successful on the cutting-edge network technologies (SD-WAN, Automation, Orchestration). Responsibilities:
Basic Qualifications Required:
- Drive and deliver a comprehensive global WAN service (Architecture, Automation, Roadmaps)
- Own the entire network infrastructure design, build and grow a team to support it.
- Ensure WAN offering is highly available, redundant, fault tolerant, diverse and affordable.
- Create compelling business cases around problems, outcomes, risks, benefits and the financial justification required to execute on them.
- Support network traffic analysis and bandwidth optimization efforts to ensure attainment of performance and availability objectives.
- Develops strategy and leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects the affect the organizations long-term goals and objectives.
- Ensure that the project delivery teams follow processes and procedures and Conduct process adherence audit on daily basis to identify any gaps.
- Analyze the gaps in process implementation and identify opportunities for improvement for the Service lines and capabilities.
- Be hands-on in managing network equipment as the team grows.
- 10+ years of technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques.
- 5+ years of experience with SD-WAN implementation.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) OR Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr)
- Enterprise network design experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud network connectivity.
- Problem Analysis and Solving Skills:
- Ability to solve a complex issue down to potential contributing components
- Identify root case if possible or gather supporting evidence for escalation
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems
- Review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Scripting and automation experience.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry or related Manufacturing vertical.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS or Azure.
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies
- Experience WAN Optimization
- Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral presentations to senior/executive management
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities
This is a very technical role responsible for partnering with a third-party I&O partner in designing an enterprise network and coordinating full site network hardware refreshes at our corporate, Terminal and Refining sites. This person will also be responsible for designing a cloud network to interconnect on-premise data centers to Azure/AWS/GCP. In addition, the Sr. Network Architect will help create/rebuild a network operating model with metrics and KPI's aligning with operational excellence criteria.
The best candidate holds multiple current Cisco Certifications, CCNA, CCDP, CCIE, etc. Hands-on experience designing a cloud network, implementing SD-WAN, administering data center networking, Cisco ISE, and Network Security are required. Preferred Qualifications:
The following certifications or combination of:
- CCNP Security
- CCNP Data Center
- CCNP Wireless
- CCNP Collaboration
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.