Skills: Design Engineer, Modeling, PDMS / PDS
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting a Piping Designer to work in our St. John's office on brownfield offshore oil and gas projects.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Ensuring project schedules and client approved budgets are managed and met.
- Preparing detailed Cost, Time & Resource estimates based on client supplied work scopes.
- Ensure design, analysis and specifications are in accordance with applicable codes, governing statutory regulations, Wood procedures, offshore installation specific design philosophies and meet project objectives and industry best practice.
- Adhering to all HSEQ requirements within the Piping discipline in accordance with Wood procedures and management systems
- Originating and checking of documentation including but not limited to drawings, specifications, data sheets, SDRL's, and reports.
- Preparing BOM's and RFQ's for discipline equipment
- Travelling offshore as required for surveys and construction support
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Technical diploma from a post-secondary institution
- 2+ years of experience in oil and gas industry
- Experience with PDMS or any 3D modeling software
- Any equivalent combination of experience and / or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may also be considered
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.