Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chatham, Virginia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for HSSE Lead for our Chatham, Virgina project in USA.
- P r oviding s trategic advice a nd g uidance t o their Managers on a l l HSE r elated m atters
- Rolling-out of Gr oup HSE annual objectives and i nitiatives a nd development o f c ompany H S E objectives
- P r oviding s upport t o B usiness Unit/Contract/Project Managers and H S E A d v i s ors i n t he development and r oll-out of Gr oup H S E objectives and other i n i tiatives
- P r oviding s upport t o s enior Managers i n i ncident a nd accident i nvestigations t hrough the use of an a ppropriate Investigation process ( e.g. Helix or T a proot)
- Monitoring ' b est-practice' and developing ' l e ading-edge' H S E i n i t i atives as ap propriate t o t he business they are s u pporting
- Completion of Management S u pport Vi s i ts to i nstallations and work-sites
- P r oviding s upport to s enior Managers and H S E A dvisors i n the timely r eporting of both l eading and l agging H S E Indicators
- Undertaking l agging i ndicator r eviews of i ncident/accident trends and providing t i mely advice to s enior Managers a nd C orporate Management on actions and i n i tiatives
- P r oviding mentorship a nd training for graduate/new r ecruits i n to t he H S E team as appropriate
- P r oviding cr oss-Business U nit s u pport as r equired
- Carrying-out HSE I nductions for New-starts
- Developing H S E presentational material t o s upport i nductions and Gr o up i n i tiatives
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline
- ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor Qualified
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 8+ years HSE experience
- Knowledge of HSE standards and legal requirements
- CHST, ASP and CSP preferred
- OSHA 500 required
- Experience of working in and managing a Quality and HSE Management system environment
- Supervisory or direct management experience of more junior staff members is required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Confident self-starter who can work independently
- Knowledge of internal and external audits and third party certification audits practices
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of management techniques , department procedures and
- Displays emotional maturity. Understands and controls one's emotions with empathy for others
and uses these skills to lead others
- Communicates effectively. Listens to understand and is able to articulate ideas and complex
concepts clearly and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely. Seeks to understand others perspectives. Keeps accurate
and organized records
- Addresses substantive conflicts and facilitates timely resolution
- Builds relationships. Methodically builds collaborative relationships with customers, peers, global
knowledge networks, subordinates, and superiors to achieve business objectives
- Engages others. Through active involvement, fosters teamwork, aligns differences and leverages
individual's talents to achieve objectives
- Mentors people. Consistently teaches, coaches, and mentors to help assure individual and team
success as well as develop the next generation
- Builds trust. Practices own chosen leadership truisms that enable others to have a firm reliance on
their character and competence on their character and competence under stress
- Foster development of a common vision and collaboration among team members and teams
effectively across geographical and cultural boundaries
- Promotes open expression of ideas. Encourages and empowers others to achieve
- Maintains a healthy balance between operational involvement and leadership.
- Delegates effectively
- MSHA Part 46 & 48 and Cement experience a plus.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.