Skills: Design Engineer, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, PDMS / PDS
Other Skills: CAD
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking an intermediate to senior Electrical Designer to join our Mining & Minerals team in Oakville, Ontario who will apply extensive and comprehensive knowledge of electrical design principles and practices to the organization's products and services. The Designers will plan, schedule and design broad and/or technically complex engineering assignments requiring judgment, independent evaluation, selection and significant adaptation and deviation from standard techniques and procedures.
- Responsible for the design and specification of equipment for MV and LV power distribution, motor control and general electrical systems
- 2D and 3D drafting/design using AutoCAD, E3D, PDMS
- Develop: - Power layouts- Lightning protection- Calculate lighting and developed lighting layouts- Data/telephone system- Load list, equipment list, cable schedule and material takeoff
- Lighting and power panel schedules
- Fire alarm system
- Schematics and wiring diagrams
- Electrical equipment and electrical rooms layouts
- Below and above ground grounding layouts
- Single line diagrams
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate of an Electrical Design technology program
- Minimum of 5 years experience in mining, metallurgical or similar process industries in electrical or l&C design
- Proven expertise using AutoCAD, Bentley open plant, Microstation and 3D design/drafting E3D (PDMS)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Database experience would be an asset
- Perform electrical calculations for load, heat lost, voltage drop, wiring determination. Check drawings (perform checkers duties).
- Working knowledge of Visual and Dialux lighting calculation software.
- This position is permanent and does not have relocation assistance or living allowances attached to it. You must live within reasonable commuting distance or be willing to work in Oakville, ON at your own expense
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.