Skills: Electrical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Job Title: Electrical Technician (Construction)
Ref No: 17436
Location: Sullom Voe Terminal - Shetland
Duration: 9 months
Start Date: 22/03/2021
Worley is currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician for EnQuest SVT.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our onshore team at SVT.
Key aims and objectives:
- Assist in ensuring all Projects / Company HSEQ goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- Effective liaison with any Client and/or Sub-Contractor / Vendor Representatives.
- Deliver a high standard Construction service to the Projects, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times.
- Implement a continuous improvement philosophy across all Construction activities, delivering best practices at all times.
- Execute day-to-day Construction activities in accordance with the Projects schedule ensuring all applicable site / Projects safety procedures are fully and properly implemented.
- Demonstrate visible safety leadership by example and communication with teams.
- Actively participate in all Company and Projects safety initiatives.
- Continuously review / refer to Construction Workpacks / Drawings to ensure workscopes are being executed as planned. Escalate any identified issues to the Foreman.
- Act as a Performing Authority to take-out / issue Construction activity permitry - liaise with Foreman and Control of Work to ensure tasks are executed as detailed in the permit / RAMS/lift plan.
- Ensure that all Construction work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications and Company systems of quality assurance are strictly adhered to and assist the Projects Quality Team in the completion of site system test sheets and the test dossier.
- Perform tool checks to ensure all tooling is in good working condition prior to its use.
- Actively participate in tool-box-talks when required.
- Liaise with site Control of Work personnel to ensure daily work permits are issued and any issues are resolved.
- Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
All candidates should hold the following Qualifications & certification:
- Trade Apprenticeship with appropriate Technical Qualification.
- Onshore Safety Passport
- onshore site medical
Ideally, candidates will also have the following experience:
- Demonstrate experience in a similar role in Oil and Gas Projects.
- Delivery focused with proven experience in achieving Projects goals whilst maintaining high standards in HSEQ at all times.
- Knowledge of O&G related HSEQ safe working practices/procedures.
- Knowledge of the construction process and its implementation.
- Experienced in team working.
- Understanding of the principles of trade systems.
- Able to interface and interact with Management and Client representatives at all levels.
- Knowledge of Permit to Work systems.
- Previous site experience
- Experience in both Electrical and Instrumentation (Core requirement Electrical)
- Rope access trained
Certain benefits are not applicable to employees who reside outside of the UK