Oakland, California, United States
Oakland, California, United States
Skills: Electrical Engineering, HVAC
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Oakland, California, United States
The Project Development Engineer creates the design of Energy Conservation Measures, audit specifications and assists in developing opportunities, in the feasibility and detailed opportunity assessment phases. You will be working in a team based environment, at the direction of the Project Manager as well as their supervisor .
What you'll do:
The Project Development Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Perform lighting and water surveys and identify energy savings opportunities
- Perform solar site surveys and understand metering and measurement tools and data
- Evaluate various types and locations of solar arrays
- Analyze utility data to verify existing customer loads, consider rate change options and calculate energy and water cost savings
- Identify battery storage opportunities and have basic understanding of microgrid operations
- Perform savings analysis including comparison of technologies, savings calculations, scopes of work and contractor bid costs for lighting and water measures using tools such as eQuest, Energy Pro and Excel spreadsheets, including bin simulations
- Calculate potential solar generation quantities of various scenarios using the PVSyst modeling tool
- Prepare Energy Conservation Measures scopes and specifications for subcontractor Request for Proposals
- Prepare utility and other incentive program applications, permit packages and customer submittals
- Assist the Project and Construction Managers on job walks, bid evaluations, contractor negotiations, and during construction meetings
- Assist during the construction phase of the project by reviewing submittals, change orders, and RFI's, and make recommendations to the Project Manager
- Other tasks as assigned by manager
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 - 5 years experience
- Professional Engineering License , preferred
- Working knowledge of utility rate schedules including TOU and demand charges structures
- Solid working knowledge of HVAC and/or solar photovoltaic systems, including the ability to identify different systems and equipment, identify potential energy savings measures, and quantify the potential energy savings and costs
- Understand metering and measurement tools and the data provided
- Competent in computer modeling software programs, such as PVyst, Helioscope, Energy Tool Base, EQuest or Trane Trace, and apply them in preparing the PDA
- Proficient at performing load take-offs from drawings
- Proficient knowledge, reading and understanding of engineering plan sets; electrical and mechanical
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills in report writing and correspondence
- Proficient at computer modeling/simulation of building operation
- Excellent communication skills with employees and customers
- Up to 40% travel, with occasional overnight stays
- Able to get from office to off site customers - valid driver's license required
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Feb 18, 2021