Skills: Chemical Engineering, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Asset Integrity Engineer
Other Skills: Student/Recent Grad
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Graduate Engineer to join our Integrity Management team based in Perth. This role is part of our our Graduate Program commencing in February 2022. This role will appeal to those who have completed either a Mechanical / Materials / Process / Chemical / Subsea or Structural engineering qualification. Additionally, those with Data Science qualifications that are keen to apply their skills in an engineering context.
On joining the team you will be an active member of a dynamic and technically skilled group, working across diverse energy sectors and project portfolios. Our successful applicant will quickly be involved in providing consulting and engineering solutions to our clients delivering value adding outcomes while balancing integrity, performance and cost.
This position will report directly to the Team Leader - Integrity Management based in Perth.
In Wood's two-year program, you will learn:
- How to apply your learning into knowledge
- What is expected of you technically and professionally, and how to be successful in your role
- How Wood works safely and with integrity to deliver projects for clients in line with industry standards
- The technical elements of your role and how to use key systems
- Awareness of the wider Wood portfolio and how our company fits together
- How to navigate your career and the potential career paths and time it will take to get there
- Provide engineering expertise to support ongoing and new client focused work
- Assist in the development of integrity management documents and workshops
- Undertake risk assessment and apply risk prioritisation into strategies for managing equipment maintenance
- Work with your Australian and global peer group on advanced data manipulation projects, applying coding techniques for increased efficiency and data visualisation
- How to apply advanced analysis techniques, inputting into fitness for service assessments
- Assistance with fitness for service assessment
- Setup and configuration of Integrity Management Database Systems
- Work with world-class industry experts
- Fundamentals of health and safety principles
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. As a successful member of the 2022 Graduate Program, you will have completed your degree by the end of 2021 or earlier.
Skills / Qualifications
What we look for as a member of Wood's Graduate Program:
- Degree in Mechanical / Materials / Process / Chemical / Subsea or Structural Engineering - Masters graduates are encouraged to apply
- Flexible, adaptable, open minded and technically curious
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude
- Problem solver with the capacity to grow and develop
- Empathetic toward the needs of others
- Values team environment interaction and participates with enthusiasm and respect
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and humility
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions and challenge the norm
What you can do well:
- Ability to communicate well at all levels, with junior and senior staff
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum
- Strong IT skills and ideally have a keen interest in programming
- Pride in work quality and the discipline to self-check
- Capacity to learn and pro-actively seek and provide feedback
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different
Applicants must be either an Australian citizen or hold Permanent Residency (PR) to be considered for this role. You must upload your resume and academic transcripts to ensure your application is eligible.
(Pro tip: merge your resume, cover letter and transcripts into one document and then upload).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.