Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Management and supervision of production planning and scheduling operations to include plan and prepare schedules used to layout and manage production projects, job priority identification, practical utilization of production capacity, material availability, work in process status, production flow, staffing needs, total production hours and the staff responsible for planning functions. Position also is responsible for assisting with the departmental planning and scheduling workload to increase OTD. Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of buyers, and related workers involved in purchasing equipment, supplies, products, and services for Weatherford. Responsible for monthly forecasting of receipts, PPV, shop hours and JCV.
- Develop and manage policies and support staff to accurately and efficiently perform the following responsibilities.
- Defines and maintains the production plan for all assigned products and parts, based on requirements (as identified in MRP), history, and inventory positions using the MPS/MRP system.
- Conducts assessments of MRP system output based on customer demand and production planning, to identify required actions.
- Develops master schedule to establish sequence and lead-time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Analysis of production requirements and capacity data to define a build plan.
- Monitors raw material to ensure full production support without disruption.
- Expediting operations that delay schedules and altering schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepare, review, and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Prepares production reports and budgetary reports for top management and analyse metrics to improve operations.
- Participates in continuous improvement plans, supply chain and purchasing operations
- Responsible for the management and validation of material master data.
- Works with Plant and Supply Chain Management to develop improved planning/purchasing procedures and reduce cost.
- Select vendors, assess vendor's capabilities, and evaluate vendor performance.
- Represent company in formulating policies and negotiating contracts with suppliers.
- Prepare reports regarding supplier performance to ensure supplied product is meeting expectations in regard to price, delivery and quality.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Knowledge of MRP systems, capacity planning, production planning and procurement, and manufacturing processes required.
- Computer skills include word processing, spreadsheets and MRP or Manufacturing systems required.
- Good oral and written communication skills and a customer service orientation required
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to follow and relay detailed and complex instructions
- Strong knowledge of standard purchasing procedures and practices
- Experience with developing contracts and negotiations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Minimum 3-year experience in production and inventory control planning.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in a business-related field with an emphasis on production management, or equivalent.
- Previous management experience with direct reports