Skills: Noise & Vibration Control
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood's Vibration, Dynamics and Noise (VDN) group is currently seeking a Field Vibration Analyst to join our Houston, TX office within the Field Engineering team. This is a predominantly field based position, with the expectation for travel to client facilities 40% to 50% of the time. Due to the nature of the role, we are only considering local qualified candidates, who are authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
The VDN group is committed to the growth and development of our business and people in our Houston office with a goal to double our business in the next few years. This position offers great opportunity for a motivated candidate to join a team of industry experts and make an impression in a growing global organization. This is a permanent position with high potential for growth and career advancement.
- Support implementation and improvement of rotating equipment condition monitoring programs (vibration, lubrication, and thermography) including on-site data collection, analysis and recommendations for corrective action
- Support implementation and improvement of rotating and reciprocating equipment performance monitoring programs including on-site data collection, analysis and recommendations for corrective action
- Conduct field measurements of vibration data and analysis, related to rotating equipment primarily, using different data acquisition hardware and software applications
- Work independently or as part of a team, on remote client sites, conducting routine data collection activities, and occasionally troubleshooting vibration issues across machinery, piping and/or structures
- Identify opportunities to improve client equipment reliability, availability and/or performance, collaborating with clients to turn insights to their advantage
- Prepare written reports of analysis findings including recommendations for corrective actions
- Implement and adhere to Wood - Vibration, Dynamics & Noise (VDN) HSSE policies and best practices at all work sites
- Effectively manage assigned tasks / projects to ensure on time delivery, within scope and budget, while meeting the client's expectations
- Communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and team about on-going work and schedules
- Assist in maintaining and developing client relationships, including developing new business opportunities
- Travel to client facilities according to defined schedules and occasionally at short notice
- Support the continuous improvement of systems and processes
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, however applicants with a Technologist Diploma (in the Mechanical discipline) and relevant work experience will be considered.
- Must have coursework on Vibration Analysis, VCAT 2 knowledge and experience is preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in machinery vibration analysis is required
- Must have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English, combined with the ability to interact and engage with clients and internal stakeholders
- Must be detail-oriented with strong analysis skills (ie. quickly interpret key client evidence) combined with the ability to write high quality technical reports
- Committed to a culture of Safety in the workplace
- Must have a strong interest in vibration and dynamics, performance, and reliability
- Keen to develop strong consulting capability whilst engaging with clients
- A keen interest in data analytics and business intelligence tools
- Must have valid Driver's license and be available to travel to client facilities for 40% to 50% of the time
- Must be US citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.