London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Skills: Design Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum
Location: London, United Kingdom
Tunnels & Underground Structures Team Lead - London, UK
Working week: 40 - 45 Hours / Week (Monday to Friday)
Travel Requirement:Domestic Travel
Salary and Package:Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Pension + Fringe Benefits
A multidisciplinary international design and engineering consultancy firm.
This companies provide engineering and technical solutions to clients on major engineering construction projects worldwide.
They are involved in schemes throughout the lifecycle of their projects - from inception through to handover - their scope of work includes design development, planning, detailed design, FEED, value engineering; technical advisory; and construction supervision services.
The company's origins date back to the early 1800's, making them one of the oldest civil engineering consultancy companies in the UK.
This business has been involved with some of the highest profile civil / structural engineering projects in the UK relating to bridges, tunnels, power plants and railway projects.
• Supporting and managing the development, design, and construction process
• Reviewing technical submissions from designers
• Contributing to identifying and managing technical risk for geotechnical works
• Coordinating design as part of an internal team and liaising with external associated professionals and our clients
• You will work with the Geotechnical Director to assist in identifying and developing business opportunities and bids, manage and oversee projects, represent the Company at industry events and set and monitor budgets.
• A post graduate qualification in a geotechnically related subject
• Working at Principal Engineer level, or above
• Detailed geotechnical design experience including deep and shallow foundations.
• Detailed geotechnical design of tunnels and underground spaces / structures
• Some experience of the detail design of tunnel / shaft lining systems (e.g., SCL, Segmental, shotcrete)
• Strong knowledge of geotechnical processes and design
• Ground investigation experience including design, preparation of tender documents, supervision, interpretation.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!