Skills: Commercial Management, Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Support the Tender Process on behalf of the Offshore Group. Take responsibility for managing tenders from receipt through to final submission on various types of business tenders and responses to clients, including RFIs, RFQs, RFPs and ITTs.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Read RFI's/ITT's, understand the scope of work, and assist in strategy preparation.
- Take responsibility for the scheduling and coordination of the various meetings from the kick off meeting to determine strategy and identify wider Tender team, to the final meeting to approve submission.
- Take actions from these meetings and ensure timely delivery by the responsible person.
- Project manage the compilation of information from various departments to complete business Tenders.
- Fluent in creative writing to highlight key differentiators of the business and to ensure proposed solution is clear and concise.
- Commercial & Technical qualification of all Tenders ensuring risk mitigation.
- Creation of Tender estimates and cost models.
- Proof reading the entire Tender to ensure that we are accurately reflecting the customers' and company requirements.
- Ensuring that Tenders are delivered within the specified timescales, and delivered to the client in a compliant way, whether by upload to portal, email or by hard copy.
- Support Tender Manager as and when necessary.
- Update and maintain the database of all opportunities, ensuring bid library is up to date at all times
- Comply with the Company procedures
- Comply with Level 1 of HSE Employee Responsibility and Accountability
- Comply with Level 1 of Peterson Values & Behaviours
Performance will be reviewed against objectives set during employee appraisal process including feedback from internal and external customers.
Qualifications and experience
Minimum 5 Years' experience in a Tender/Commercial environment. Competent in completing full tender process from ITT receipt through to Contract Award. Proven track record in securing high value contracts.Full suite of skills from presenting, tender writing, pricing and qualification of Tenders is necessary.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages, design-based software such as Microsoft Publisher or Adobe, PowerPoint, VISIO would be preferred.
- Knowledge of decommissioning would be advantageous.
- Analytical and proficient in creating cost models in excel.
- Communication - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be able to build strong working relationships with all levels and be able to influence and collaborating with others the ease.
- Customer Focus - A commitment to providing a good customer service.
- Personal Integrity - Builds trust and respect and maintains standards of honesty and integrity.
- Team Working - Ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
- Reliability - Self-starter taking responsibility for personal performance.
- Results Orientation - Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence.
- Commitment to Safety - Takes responsibility for both their own safety and that of their colleagues.
- Organised - Be proactive and efficient in managing multiple deadlines at one time.
Job Specific Competencies
- Adaptability - Smoothly handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Commitment - Readily make personal sacrifice to meet a larger organisational goal.
- Attention to detail - Excellent attention to detail is mandatory.
- Planning and organising - The ability to establish an appropriate course of action for self and others to accomplish a goal.
- Tenacity - Drive to ensure all deadlines are met and obstacles overcome.
- Influencing Skills - The ability to influence and persuade others by creating win:win solutions.
Peterson (United Kingdom) Ltd reserves the right to amend or change the above to enable business needs to be met.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.