Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Temporary Works Engineer to be based in South Yorkshire This is a permanent full-time role working Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary, and benefits package.
Supporting the Engie business to ensure that temporary works are effectively planned, designed and implemented. Undertaking designs and verifying designs produced by others in a timely and efficient manner. Providing expert technical support where required. Providing a Temporary Works Coordinator (TWC) service where required.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- To act as the Responsible Person and Temporary Works Engineer for the Places & Communities Central Region.
- To act as the lead TWC for Places & Communities Central region and TWC if required on complex schemes with more detailed designs.
- To provide advice and guidance to Engie on engineering solutions (relating to temporary works) as required.
- Preparing design drawings and specifications for temporary works.
- Checking and signing off design drawings prepared by others.
- Checking and signing off temporary works on site and completing relevant permits as required e.g.
- Permit to Load if required, to support some projects.
- Liaising with other departments/teams in Engie to provide input on engineering challenges/solutions.
- Providing engineering advice as required.
- Ensure that design information is sufficient and clear enough for construction to proceed.
- Ensure that designs are prepared in line with current standards and HSE legislation and any residual
- risks communicated to construction teams
- Assisting with the appointment of contractors who will be undertaking temporary works or complex permanent works.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- A relevant civil or structural engineering degree.
- Membership of a relevant professional body e.g., MICE or working towards
- Experience of designing and checking temporary works e.g., propping, falsework, scaffolding, crane bases etc.
- Knowledge of the relevant design codes and standards applicable to temporary works.
- Good understanding of geotechnical issues and design.
- Experience of using IT solutions for preparing and checking designs.
- Use of AutoCAD.
- Previous experience as a Temporary Works Engineer.
- A valid CSCS card
- Produce written communications to a very high standard
- Good communication skills at all levels, confident and ability to listen.
- Using IT systems e.g., App based tools, intranet, and databases.
- Good personal discipline & organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to organise own workload, diary, and reporting schedules/targets.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Additional Locations: Europe-England
- Posting Date: Feb 17, 2021