Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Manager, Storage Engineering will lead a broad range of development and prospecting activities for projects within ENGIE North America's (ENA) portfolio of utility-scale renewable energy assets across the United States. In this role, you will work across the development and technical teams in order to develop a storage strategy for ENA's portfolio. A specific emphasis on prospecting and optimizing the projects to return the highest value development assets to ultimately fulfill the company's renewable energy aspirations and growth strategy within North America.
What you'll do:
- Establish and update ENA's grid-scale storage development strategy
- Coordinate with internal departments (commercial strategy, development regions, interconnection, etc.) and external parties in the development and execution of ENA's storage strategy.
- Provide technical guidance to development team on storage development process and requirements.
- Analyze market dynamic and interconnection queues to optimize ENA's storage strategy.
- Coordinate with internal financial modeling in establishing business case for each storage development.
- Support Project Delivery team in establishment of storage specifications and standards as well as technology selection.
- Stay abreast of new project requirements, industry developments and trends, technologies, etc.
- Provide subject matter leadership in grid-scale storage generation tasks when subject matter expertise is utilized from contractors, plant personnel, or wider Company's resources in order to provide streamlined technical service.
- Share subject matter expertise within the Company's organization, and most especially within the Grid Scale Renewables Team, using effective use of communication and content management system in order to distribute the gained value from each experience and help-build institutional memory in ENGIE North America
What you bring:
- Bachelors degree in engineering
- Minimum of 7 years' experience, preferably 5 within a similar role within the energy industry
- Previous renewable energy experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Detail-oriented individual who will work proactively to pursue required information.
- Skilled in project management with the ability to multi-task and prioritize critical path tasks. Highly capable of working constructively and maintaining good relationships with internal and external parties.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Results-oriented professional with the ability to work independently within a large matrixed organization while effectively interfacing with the various cross-functional employee groups.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Feb 17, 2021