Skills: Business Development, Commercial Management, Marketing
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Senior Director, Business Solutions
Organization : Sales - Americas
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution . Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally.
Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow?
The Senior Director of Business Solutions provides leadership and deep domain knowledge to support a team of Business Solutions Directors and will assist in developing compelling solutions, sales plays and sales collateral / tools / demos from ENGIE Impact's suite of expense and data management and sustainability solutions to target specific prospect and customer needs.
The Senior Director of Business Solutions is responsible for successfully leading and driving a team of solutions development professionals who are responsible for developing compelling solutions, sales plays, and sales collateral / tools / demos to target specific prospect and customer needs. The Senior Director of Business Solutions uncovers the strategic objectives and business opportunities within the industry and understands the key metrics driving the solution evaluation. As a key member of the Sales leadership team, will wear a variety of "hats", from executing high level product and solution demos to deeply technical integrations and implementations. Responsible for providing subject matter expertise on the design and implementation of expense and data management and sustainability solutions for customers across a global footprint. Works as a collaborative member of the sales team to market and sell ENGIE Impact products, providing insight to customers on current solutions. Works closely with Account Management and New Logo Sales on presentations and the technical design of new solutions. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership to a team of experienced Business Solutions Directors, coaching, mentoring and driving results in order to attain budgetary and strategic goals.
- Develop comprehensive 12-month sales plans with detailed 30, 60, and 90-day sales activities, objectives for department as well as ensuring each team member creates their own plan in order to reach annual sales goals.
- Must understand and embody the key functions of BSD leader execution - including but not limited to attracting/hiring/and retaining top talent, coaching, leveraging appropriate tools and technology, and performance management.
- In coordination with other leaders, coordinates sales, marketing and business development to align all new customer go-to-market efforts. Supports sales campaigns for current and future clients.
- Serve as internal and external Subject Matter Expert on ENGIE Impact products and services, key clients, and use cases studies across our customer portfolio. Collaborates with global sales teams, engineering and product management to share product feedback, design guidance, and best practices.
- Work with ENGIE Impact product, digital, and engineering teams to acquire an intimate knowledge of all ENGIE Impact business products, concepts, process and procedures.
- Provides timely, technical support and problem resolution for Business Service Directors.
- Translate complex technical design requirements into information that customers and business partners can understand and respond to.
- Serve as a technical expert to review RFP responses for content and accuracy before they are submitted.
- Participates in the development of the overall business strategy to acquire new customers. Contributes to costing and pricing of a solution.
- Leverages significant industry and domain expertise to drive strategic decision-making in Go-to-Market efforts, understanding industry trends and direction relating to the evolving workforce and workplace.
- Conducts deep analysis of the industry to determine what are the best solutions and conversations to start talking to prospects and customers about their needs and what's keeping them from growing, working along side Business Solutions Directors to help develop a Strategy to Win.
- Segment and target the customer base focused on industry, size and proclivity to buy. Gain trusted advisor status with customers and prospects by understanding their business and developing strategies with them to deliver value using ENGIE Impact solutions.
- Works collaboratively with the extended Sales teams to orchestrate communication channels within internal organization.
- Execute sales plays in coordination with AM and SD's by training BSD's to better understand industry trends and the application of those trends to our prospective customer in their Sustainability journey.
- Develop vertical messaging that aligns with and builds upon ENGIE Impact's strategic market strategies.
- Provide support for sales events and trade shows.
- Develop, deliver and run effective presentations, meetings, client interviews and facilitate group trainings.
- Write white papers, articles, and blogs that align with the micro-vertical messaging and establishes or cements ENGIE Impact's position in the marketplace.
- Stay current and document industry requirements, standards, trends, drivers and challenges, updating and training teams as appropriate.
- Perform related work as required.
Do you tick all the boxes?
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of sustainability transition . Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Bachelor's Degree (marketing, sales, business administration concentration) required.
- Master's Degree (marketing, sales, business administration concentration) preferred.
- May accept a combination of relevant experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- Knowledge of resource (energy/waste/water) services and controls including renewable energy solutions.
- Ten+ years relevant experience and a proven track record of effectively leading, motivating, and mentoring teams.
- May consider less experience in combination with educational and other skills and abilities possessed by candidate.
- Consistent track record of exceptional performance, having delivered quantifiable impact on company revenue and growth.
- Proven execution-oriented people leader with exceptional ability to hire and inspire teams creating a high-performance culture.
- Proven ability to influence to "C" level executives with deep relationships and experience/network in the targeted space.
- Superior public speaking, presentation, and written communication directed at technical and business audiences at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the concepts of, and proven experience in solution selling.
- Proven ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and demonstrated initiative in taking ownership for all assigned responsibilities, deliverables and results.
- Commercially and strategically oriented; able to engage in challenging yet productive strategic debates, externally with customers and internally with various stakeholders at all levels within an organization.
- Very strong and well-developed people leadership and people development skills, with an ability to inspire, motivate, and lead teams while also holding them accountable for results.
- Proven record of substantial scaling of business.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to work in diverse and matrixed organizations.
- Ability to successfully work with cross-functional teams.
- Proven project management skills are required.
- Excellent command of English grammar, spelling and composition, as well as oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience developing and implementing processes.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-directed with the ability to anticipate challenges within cross-functional, complex structures.
- Exceptional leadership capability, determined, entrepreneurial, tenacious, analytical, incisive with excellent customer facing skills.
- Must be highly credible both internally and with vendors and clients.
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly and extensively.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Posting Date: Feb 17, 2021