has an immediate opening for a Groundskeeper East Coast Solar Sites
located in Chase City, VA
reporting directly to the Solar Site Operations Manager.
This position would be responsible for maintaining the ENGIE East Coast site's solar vegetation management processes. Additionally, one would provide maintenance and care of grounds and roads on large utility renewables sites with the highest regard for health, safety, and environment compliance.
What you'll do:
- Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to through Site Specific Orientations, JSAs and Tailboard Meetings for all activities.
- Operate tractor and mowing equipment to maintain grounds to keep the vegetation from shading solar panels.
- Utilize hand trimming equipment as necessary to support these activities.
- Safe utilization of chemicals to facilitate weed removal and control.
- Manage contractors to support groundskeeping activities.
- Operate tractor and grading equipment to provide maintenance on roads and building areas.
- Provide preventative maintenance and small maintenance activities on groundskeeping equipment and vehicles to ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability and reliability.
- Perform equipment cleaning necessary to maintain in a clean and neat condition.
- Travel to other Engie solar and wind sites to perform groundskeeping tasks. Utilize truck and trailer to transport this equipment to other sites.
- Become a point of contact for all landowners.
- Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition and Receiving software
- Work to support solar technicians.
What you bring:
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in using tractors and mowing equipment.
- Work within a team environment to support site operational activities.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain groundskeeping equipment, tractor, mower, box blades, grapples, weed removal equipment, sprayers etc.
- Attend training to support solar and wind operational activities.
- Required to be on call as deemed necessary by Supervisor.
- Must be able to personally respond to plant emergencies as needed.
- The ability to travel to support other Engie renewable generation facilities; overnight stays if necessary.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Verbal and non-verbal.
- Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the capability of learning), calculator, etc. to enter work orders, document work histories and equipment maintenance.
- Able and willing to perform first aid and CPR.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Mar 1, 2021