Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with Clients that include Highways England, Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally.
We are seeking a Highways Engineer to join our established highway design team in Manchester, leading in the design and delivery of a range of highway projects.
- Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be an integral member of a team designing solutions on a variety of projects.
- You will be responsible for elements of highway design on projects from concept through to detailed design.
- You will be expected to liaise with other disciplines, teams and 3 rd parties as required, including attending meetings (internal & external).
- You will ensure designs are delivered in accordance with current standards & best practices.
- Working in other offices or on site may be necessary from time to time dependent on projects.
- A degree in Civil Engineering, or other relevant technical degree.
- Working towards IEng/CEng and MICE status or equivalent.
- Proven design experience of most aspects of major highways schemes.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of DMRB and MCHW standards.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- An understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of Civil Engineering works.
- Demonstrable knowledge of highway design software packages such as AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D, KeySigns/Lines, Bentley MX Road, OpenRoads, PDS.
- Able to prepare well-presented and accurate reports and technical notes.
- An understanding of BIM.
- Previous knowledge and experience of Highways England and Local Authority projects .
- A desire to challenge established practices to identify new and more effective ways of working.
- An interest in the use of new and emerging technologies to develop innovative solutions to highways problems.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.