Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for a Tax Analyst with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join in the operations team onshore in Equatorial Guinea.
The position is to work in Equatorial Guinea, on a rotational basis, the normal working rotation is TBC but due to the COVID situation extended rotations are presently being worked.
- Responsible for Mid Africa tax planning and compliance with local state tax statutory
- Responsible for Mid Africa OHADA accounting and reporting, including analysis of accounting data ensuring completeness, accuracy and readiness for tax reporting and filings
- Lead all tax audits including preparation and consolidation of tax information in preparation for government tax audits
- Administer and ensure compliance for all monthly, quarterly and annual tax activities including timely filing and payments
- Maintain knowledge and currency on new local tax regulations and perform research as appropriate, ensuring compliance with local states' statutory and CEMAC law
- Develop processes and procedures for all tax compliance requirements including preparing required support/documentations to assist tax consultants as needed
- Manage and escalate tax risks issues on all business transactions and collaborate with other business units and provide tax support as appropriate
- Analyze business transactions and recommend alternatives to same and provide response to all tax inquiries.
- Point of contact for Oracle/SAP developer to establish OHADA general accounting ledger
#rz #ZR # wood18
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or Finance/Economics related
- Extensive tax accounting experience in oil and gas or relevant industry, particularly in Mid-Africa will be an added plus
- Strong understanding of accounting principles (GAAP) and knowledge of financial statement components
- Expert in OHADA accounting and CEMAC Law
- Ability to understand and create complex excel spreadsheets
- Ability to work independently with third party consultants, propose solutions and summarize outcomes
- Proficient in written and spoken English is required, and Spanish would be beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.