Skills: Business Analyst, Commercial Management, Risk Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects, and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people and united by our mission to create a sustainable future.
We are currently recruiting for two Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Consultant / Senior Consultants to be based in either our London, Reading, Newcastle upon Tyne or Glasgow offices.
The successful applicant will make a significant contribution to our reputable and successful team as part of a global community unlocking the world's big challenges for a cleaner, fairer, healthier tomorrow. The team delivers EIAs for a wide range of high-profile projects across a variety of sectors, many of which are the largest infrastructure projects in the UK. These include: Nuclear New Build (Sizewell C and Hinkley Point C); Transport (HS2, Heathrow third runway, Manston Airport expansion); Renewables ( onshore and offshore wind farms, solar and hydro energy schemes); grid connection and urban regeneration projects, amongst others.
You will join a dynamic, enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging, but fulfilling working environment.
Building on a strong academic background and experience in the field of EIA/Environmental Planning, you will be responsible for providing support to the Environmental Assessment team in terms of managing and delivering environmental consultancy services to a full range of clients. You will assist in coordinating and providing technical input into EIAs, as well as undertaking broader environmental management tasks for a variety of projects.
This firms ambition for further growth means it's an exciting time to join #TeamWood, and be part of a fast paced, high profile and growing team with high level strategic support; where you will have the opportunity to not only develop your technical delivery and project management experience, but to play an active role in shaping the future direction of the team in Wood.
- Undertake research and keep up-to-date with the latest developments in EIA and infrastructure planning
- Support a wide range of project management activities (including risk management, quality assurance and financial tracking)
- Manage small to medium multidisciplinary projects with support of senior staff
- Coordinate the delivery of EIAs (including Screening Requests, Scoping Reports, Preliminary Environmental Information Reports and Environmental Statements) for a variety of projects. This will include writing non technical chapters and reviewing other technical contributions (e.g. the Ecology, Air Quality Chapter, etc.)
- Contribute to high quality proposals for large projects and support the EIA team in winning work
- Support business development to identify new clients
Skills / Qualifications
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental discipline with a strong emphasis on EIA and/or SEA
- Relevant post graduate experience, working in a similar position within the UK or a jurisdiction with a comparable environmental planning system
- A sound understanding of relevant UK environmental legislation, particularly in the field of EIA and some practical knowledge of some or all of the technical disciplines required for an EIA
- An ability to communicate clearly both verbally and through written work with a high level of computer literacy, in particular Microsoft office
- Attention to detail, as well as a commitment to delivery of high quality and timely outputs
- A desire to work as team player in a constructive team environment, combined with an ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with clients and internal and external project stakeholders
- An understanding of the importance of health and safety excellence
- Experience (or an interest) in assisting in the undertaking of specialist environmental surveys (for example ecology surveys, noise surveys or air quality monitoring) on an ad hoc basis
- Aspirations in progressing to eventually fulfil a project management role and Full/Chartered membership of IEMA
- Willingness to travel to client locations across the UK and, if necessary, internationally
- Full driving licence
- Postgraduate qualification in environmental science / planning or a related field
- Experience in the use of GIS based software tools
- Development Consent Order (DCO) experience and familiarity with the Planning Act 2008
- Practical knowledge of some (or all) of the technical disciplines required for an EIA
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or another professional association
- Competitive salary
- Excellent flexible benefits package
- Standard benefits including 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, private healthcare, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions
- You will be well supported with ongoing training and regular reviews and the post comes with significant scope to further progress your career
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.