Skills: Mechanical Technician
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Wareham, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Staff Position - Wytch Farm
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a multi skilled team at our Wytch Farm Oil Field near Corfe Castle, Wareham, Dorset. This is a critical role where you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation in an environmentally sensitive area at our production facility in Dorset.
Working as part of the operations team your primary role will be to safely operate the site and prepare for maintenance activities within the operational and maintenance procedures, and to carry out site checks and report any inconsistencies to the Lead Tech/Operations Site Controller. You will also be required to conduct the role of Performing Authority and Isolating Authority within the permit to work system, and to create and review Maintenance Preparation procedures and Process Operation procedures.
This role operates on a regular shift pattern of 7 x 12 hour days, 3 off, 7 x 12 hour nights, 18 off. There will be 15 contracted shifts to be worked during the year out with the rotated pattern.
Key responsibilities include:
- Always demonstrate good safety behaviours and stop any unsafe acts witnessed.
- As part of the operations team, deliver on a personal commitment to safety.
- Implement all relevant policies and procedures as defined within the Operating Management System.
- Actively participate in any incident investigations and assist the team on determining root cause.
- Deliver full compliance with the Operating Management System, Golden Rules and Site Safety Standards.
Production and Technical Integrity Performance
- Complete maintenance and operations routines as defined in Maximo (Maintenance Management System) and ensure jobs are raised in Maximo to address all known defects.
- Contribute to production upset investigations to establish root cause for production deferrals.
- Supervise vendor contractors within production discipline.
- Prepare Work Control Certificates and Isolation Control Certificates for vendor mobilisations and ensure that any spares required are ordered or available.
- Prepare plant for maintenance, including hydrocarbon freeing for containment breaks, and take all necessary steps to safely return the equipment to service with GOC work packs completed to the standard required
- Logging key performance parameters of production equipment and utilities equipment.
- Ensure that work scope carried out by vendors is complete and that Maximo maintenance system is updated.
- Control isolations and permits as per the responsibilities of a Performing Authority and Isolating Authority.
- Implement operations and maintenance procedures, policies and safe working practices for your areas of responsibility.
- Update P&ID drawings & procedures for submission into document revision process.
- Ensure a clear and concise shift change handover.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes.
- Monitor well annuli pressure each shift and report on any anomalies.
- Start-up, shutdown and cycle wells as per the Well Operating Procedures
- Ensure good communication with the Norwich hydrocarbon team and local PE's with regards to production forecast, well availabilities and potential.
- Ensure environmental hazards are identified and managed in task risk assessments.
- Operate and maintain effective controls of environmental aspects as per EMS
- Respond to unplanned events with environmental consequences
- Assure competence with respect to environmental responsibilities
- Act as member of the emergency control team or fire team as appropriate. Responsibilities defined in the Emergency Response Plan
- Participate in emergency response exercises at the site to ensure fully conversant with procedures.
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate
Experience / Qualifications
- We are looking for an individual who has completed a time served trade apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Industry
- Strong technical background qualified to a minimum of HNC or equivalent
- Knowledge / skills of
- SIRP (Safe Isolation and Re-instatement of Plant)
- PTW (Permit of Work/Safe System of Work)
- Process Safety
- ORA (Operational Risk Assessment)
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
- Excellent Pension Provision
- Discretionary Bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Allowance
- Life Assurance